Happy Pancake Day! Here’s a super easy pancake recipe that your housemates are sure to LOVE! This makes about 4 pancakes but you can easily double, or even triple the quantities to get more pancakes!
50g Plain Flour
150ml of milk
A very small amount of oil
1. Add the flour and the egg together, mix until smooth
2. Slowly add the milk whisking as you go until you get a smooth mix
3. Add a little oil to the pan, heat up the pan
4. Add your mix to create a thin layer at the bottom of the pan. Wait for bubbles to appear underneath the pancake, then get a spatula underneath and flip the pancake
5. Once the pancake has been flipped cook the other side until both sides are crispy and golden brown! 6. Add your topping and enjoy!
If you don’t have much of a sweet tooth, then you can make savoury pancakes. My favourite savoury pancake is based on a pizza. This is made by adding tomato sauce, then adding some cheese, ham and pineapple, then melting the cheese in the microwave.
Jam, Nutella, any fruit like banana, blueberries or mango (lime juice works very well on top), lemon and sugar.